Exclusive Yoga Retreat at the Shunyata Villas Bali
7 nights in June & September
Yoga:Retreat: June 23rd-30th 2018 | September 1st-8th 2018
10 % discount for all bookings until April 15th 2018
Yoga (meaning: unity, harmony) is an ancient exercise practice for body and mind that was developed and proven in India during thousands of years. It comprises a series of mental and physical exercises and describes a holistic way of life.
The term ‘yoga’ origins from the Sanskrit root ‘yui’ which means to “join” or to “unite”. The human body represents the carriage. The mind stands for the draft animal or ‘manas’ (Sanskrit: thinking and feeling), and the senses, that have to be tamed in order to pull the carriage (the body). Only then will the soul (the self, the car owner) have an impact on the vehicle. Life is obtaining more deeper sense. When these form a unity, a person is healthy and full of vitality.
Yoga is therefore a conscious union of body, mind and spirit. There are a variety of yoga styles and directions. While the physical aspects are more in focus in the west today – for health, slimming, fitness – the original yoga teachings are more concerned with how our mind works and what we can do to quiet it and to find peace.
Yoga Citta Vritti Nirodhah
„Yoga is the cessation of the movements in the individual consciousness“
(Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras – Iyengar’s translation)
The basic principle in yoga is to find our true nature and our inner self through meditation, concentration and breathe in order to unite the body and soul. On the one hand yoga helps us to require focused attention and concentration; on the other hand, it relaxes our mind, because our thoughts are forced to calm down. The breathing becomes calmer, deeper and smoother.
- Yoga reduces tensions and stress in all parts of the body
- The immune system and the autonomic nervous system are strengthened, posture improves, perception and concentration increase
- Energetic blocks in the body dissolve and our life energy (prana) can flow again freely. We experience new vitality, joy de vivre, self-confidence, self-esteem and mental clarity
1 WEEK YOGA RETREAT INCLUDES:
- accommodation for 7 nights in the villa you booked
- transfer at arrival and departure, from/to Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar (or your previous/next hotel in Bali) to/from our resort
- dinner on the day of arrival
- full board for 6 days, with healthy and delicious organic gourmet food (on request vegetarian, vegan, lactose or gluten free)
- opening and closing ceremony with a balinese healer
- 6 yoga units in the morning and 6 yoga units in the evening, each 90 minutes (practice of meditation, breathing, chanting and yoga philosophy), all levels are welcome
- 3 meditation units in the evenings
- 2 integration massages á 60 minutes by professional therapists in cooperation with the yoga teacher for your individual requirements
FURTHERMORE, YOU GET:
- rest and retreat in your booked villa with private pool & sea view. The resort lies high up on a cliff and offers a fantastic view of volcanic mountains, offshore islands and the Indian Ocean
- cordial and personalized guest service, as well as welcome drink and flower necklace on arrival
- access to the 37 meter ionized infinity pool
- free energized drinking water in your villa and in the restaurant
Inclusive price (without flight) 1 week (7 nights) Yoga-Retreat
- Stay (double occupancy) in villa with private pool.
- Stay (single occupancy) in your own villa with private pool.
Our rates include all fees and taxes.
These prices are valid for the SKY, DELIGHT and OCEAN VIEW Villa. If you would like to book this package for the SEA Villa the surcharge is IDR 530,000 (~ Euro 35) less discount per night.
This retreat is bookable for singles, couples and groups. The maximum number of participants is 10.
AS ADDITIONAL OFFERS, YOU CAN BOOK:
- consultation with a Balinese healer
- sessions on the Spirit Wave Table
- wellness and beauty treatments
- trips in the close-by area
vinyasa, yin-yoga, restorative-yoga
YOUR YOGA TEACHER LEYLA CHRISTIN ENGLER:
„„When the student is ready the teacher will appear.“ There were appearing a couple of teachers almost at the same time in my life and I got totally hooked by Yoga and the fact that Yoga is EVERYTHING – not only asana. In fact it is a lifestyle – accessible to everybody & everywhere. On the mat, in the office or while waiting for the departure of our plane: simply by being aware of our breath, our actions or the movements of our mind. It’s the cultivation of awareness, freedom & independence that amazes me & I’d love to share that with you. I’ve been mostly practicing the dynamic style of Jivamukti Yoga (by Sharon Gannon & David Life, USA) and after some time I got more & more into Ashtanga Yoga, which was also the focus of the teacher training I attended at Tribe Yoga School (member of yoga alliance) in India. Apart from that, Sadhguru with Isha Yoga – based close to Coimbatore/South India – has a big role in my life & is always a huge inspiration to dive deeper into the discovery of our being.